Website Excela Health
Westmoreland County, PA
$2,500 Sign On Bonus
Competitive Wages and Excellent Benefits
Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes under the direction of the team physician or referring physician in accordance with PA State Athletic Training Practice Act which is governed by the PA State Board of Medicine and State Board of Osteopathic Medicine for athletic event coverage for high school, college, club sports, or intramural events. The Athletic Trainer will act as a liaison between the school community, parents, attending physician or specialist in referring student athlete for injury treatment.
Essential Job Functions
· Assesses, manages, treats, rehabs and reconditions athletes.
· Observes the domains of Athletic Training Established by the BOC (Board of Certification).
· Performs basic direct patient care activities in a physician office or therapy setting as assigned.
· Injury/Illness prevention and Wellness Protection
o Assess athletes and clients to screen for potential risk factors such as injury/illness.
o Educate the athletes/clients on how to prevent injuries and illness through exercises, modalities, and prevention taping/bracing.
· Clinical evaluations of medical conditions/disorders and injuries.
o Medical histories
o Physical exams
o Communication of injuries to coaches and family
· Immediate Emergency and Care of traumatic injuries and emergencies
· Treatment and Rehabilitation
o Manual Therapy
o Therapeutic Exercise
o Neuromuscular Rehabilitation
o Agility Training
o Modalities including but not limited to, Ultrasound, Electric Stimulation, Traction, Light and
o Application and remove of casts and splints
o Removal of sutures
o Local Treatment of Wounds
o Provides exercise instructions (pre and post-operative)
o Work hardening/Ergonomic Training
· Organizational and Professional Health and Well-Being
o Provide efficient, effective healthcare services
o Ensure compliance with State and Federal Law and accrediting agencies’ policies related to the delivery of healthcare
o Standard billing and reimbursement practices if applicable
o Maintain medical records
o Develop and comply by policies and procedures related to employment and fiscal management
o Develop an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
o Risk Management Plans
o Operational and capital budgets
o Program compliant with federal statutes and regulations
· Fills out all appropriate forms for physician to complete the orders of the physician to the patient.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Supports performance improvement initiatives in the physician practices.
o Assists in data collection as directed
o Incorporates into practice performance improvement initiatives that have been implemented
· Maintains the environment of care.
o Ensures that supplies are replenished daily
o Consistently maintains a clean safe environment
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field (i.e. Exercise Science or Kinesiology)
· Completion of an Accredited Athletic Trainer Curriculum
· Strong leadership ability, good organizational skills, independent and critical thinking skills, and sound judgment.
· Strong ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
· Previous outpatient office experience;
· Previous experience with athletic training at the secondary or intercollegiate levels
License, Certification & Clearances
· Current Licensure as an Athletic Trainer in the State of Pennsylvania
· Athletic Trainer Certification through the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers (BOC)
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) approved curriculum of the American Heart Association (CPR and AED) program.
· Act 33 with renewal
· Act 34 with renewal
· Act 73 FBI Clearance
· Valid PA Driver’s License
· This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need (rotate shifts, standby, on-call, etc.).
· Travel may be expected locally between Excela Health locations.
· Actively promotes a Lean work culture by performing team member duties to encourage consistent use of LEAN principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes the necessity of taking ownership of one’s own motivation, morale, performance and professional development. Strives for behavior consistent with being committed to Excela’s missions, vision and values.
· Excela Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Excela Health to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related disability, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected class. Excela Health will conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
· Ability to perform the Essential Functions listed on the Physical Conditions and ability to perform the Essential Functions on the Working Condition chart below.